Are there people who actually wear out body's and lenses?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
dwkyre Regular Member • Posts: 187
Re: Are there people who actually whereout body's and lenses?

I suspect I don't shoot enough to really wear out a camera. I have never done so. I did ruin a GM1 through misadventure. It was my first M43 camera after years with film SLRs and then APS-C DSLRs, and I was so excited about how small the camera and lenses are that I took to carrying a lot more (although overall less mass). I seem to have unthinkingly done a couple of lens swaps on a windy day over the Golden Gate Bridge. Something about the salt air or something else corroded the sensor (well, probably the glass over the sensor). I replaced it with a GM5 and continued on (more carefully), but I kept the GM1 in case I ever get the bug to fix it (might be a nice IR camera, since I would need to replace the filter glass anyway.

Now I let me 2 y/o daughter use that camera with an Oly body cap lens. She loves it, and it keeps her from trying to break my G85... She doesn't mind the spots that show up at small apertures.

dwkyre's gear list:dwkyre's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow