Vote of the "King of mirrorless"

Started 4 weeks ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
onlyfreeman
onlyfreeman Senior Member • Posts: 1,755
Vote of the "King of mirrorless"

To be eligible to win the "king of mirrorless" award (something I just made up), for sensors smaller than FF, a camera must be:

1) Fast, and have competitive AF, e.g. capable of BIF.
2) Compact & light, approximately 500g or less, easy to travel with. Practical, inconspicuous and efficient. Things that FF isn't particularly good at.
3) Useful, good selection of native lenses and innovative features.
4) Affordable, approximately around £1000 or less, to appeal to as many buyers are possible.

I have narrowed down the contenders for "king of mirrorless" to 3 cameras, based on the above limits. Olympus OM-D E-M5 III, Sony a6400, Fujifilm X-T30. You can see a comparison of some features in the table I created below.

- Green cells are desirable features, or better than the competition
- White cells means satisfactory
- Red cells are for features that I believe need improvement, or are lacking in relation to the competition

These are somewhat personal ratings as a potential customer for these cameras, this is part of the system I use to determine the most optimal purchase. Feel free to point out errors or provide suggestions.

Which camera out of the three would you choose?

onlyfreeman's gear list:onlyfreeman's gear list
YI M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro FastStone Photo Resizer +3 more
POLL
Olympus OM-D E-M5 III
33.0% 36  votes
Sony a6400
29.4% 32  votes
Fujifilm X-T30
37.6% 41  votes
  Show results
Fujifilm X-T30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a6400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow