A6500 + Sigma 35/1.4 DG HSM ART Sony E (pics)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
José B
José B Forum Pro • Posts: 19,261
A6500 + Sigma 35/1.4 DG HSM ART Sony E (pics)

Took my brand new Sigma 35/1.4 (my first Art lens) for a spin the other day. I've seen stellar reviews of this lens throughout the years most of them comparing it vs. the 35mm bellwether the Canon 35/1.4 L II. So when it became available in e-mount plus a reduction in price and a new firmware to boot I couldn't resist.

Normally for outdoor shoots I just go by the jpeg version because it's spot on. However since Sigmas tend to be on the warmer side, it might be too 'warm' for the Portrait jpeg setting thus I shot with RAW + jpeg.

My initial impressions are the lens comes as advertised: sharp, great bokeh, good CA control and with the new firmware the AF seems fast. It focuses much faster than my Touit 1.8/32. Also, the eye-AF works with the Sigma too! I still prefer the Zeiss rendition of colour and contrast but the Art is not too shabby.

I really like the handling of the lens with the A6500, it feels like the Batis 85. Looking forward to more shooting with the Art.

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Sony a6500 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +13 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow