How to Find followers in social media platforms as a photographer without a specific genre

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MehdiJoe
MehdiJoe Junior Member • Posts: 30
How to Find followers in social media platforms as a photographer without a specific genre

Hi all, I had a question for a while and thought to ask you here as I think here is the most competence forum for these discussions.

Many of us have profiles in sites such as 500px, Instagram or flickr. For sites such as 500px or even instagram photographers tend to follow a specific trend. They post only one genre, i.e. landscape and hardly anything else. I can also understand why. If I like landscape photos I usually look at specific photographers usually.

I myself do portrait, landscape, composite, B&W, abstract, etc.. with different edit styles, but due to the reason above, I think if you dont have a specific style people usually dont follow you.

I know some people may create several profiles, but I try not to go that way. How do you think? and if you are like me how do you overcome this issue?

MehdiJoe's gear list:MehdiJoe's gear list
Sony a7 III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow