Tamron 45 1.8 for dynamic/candid portraits

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dima_467 New Member • Posts: 4
Tamron 45 1.8 for dynamic/candid portraits

Hi, i am shooting now on 5d2 and planning upgrade to eos R (probably when eos R mark 2 came out and i can get R with good discount) i shooting now on ef 50 1.4 and this is really lens with a lot problems. Focus accuracy is realy bad and for my purposes it just useles wider than 2.5 because bad contrast and resolution and even harder to get accurate focus on my camera.

Tamron 45 1.8 seems to me like really good choise. All this functionality: sealing, close focus, VR is useful in my work. But there is one problem. In all reviews i see, that focusing isn't really fast, and maybe (it's much important for me) is not very responsive. A lot of my works (around 30%) is portraits in movement, so i need responsive AF for tracking. Of course now my old 5d2 is weak link with any lens, and maybe even if tamron much worse than ef 50 1.4 I can not notice much difference in hit rate because 5d2 hits in focus mostly accidentally. But in future with Eos R, that can tracking faces really fast and reliable  - lens AF responsive can be major factor.

So that is my question. Maybe someone shooting portraits in movement on tamron 45 1.8 with modern canon cameras with capable AF and have some experience ? Maybe even experience compare to other lenses?  It will be very helpful for me.

And sorry for bad english with strong slavic accent. Thank you

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow