museo Regular Member • Posts: 122
Re: Calibration for monitor or calibration for both Monitor/printer

pixelgenius wrote:

1. museo wrote:

pixelgenius wrote:

museo wrote:

pixelgenius wrote:

museo wrote:

Just curious if there is any software or procedure where a monitor is just calibrated? That is, no profile is created as a result of a monitor calibration.

That’s exactly what took place many years ago prior to implementation of ICC color management. Go back to the old Radius PressView systems 17” then later 21” CRT displays. They calibrated to ColorMatch RGB before an ICC profile of such a behavior existed. Every PressView so calibrated matched this behavior.

https://pressreleases.responsesource.com/news/2991/radius-pressview-xl-in-new-distribution-agreement-with-principal-distribution/

I suppose that the question should have been posed as; is there is any software or procedure currently offered that performs just a monitor calibration? What was offered in the past doesn't seem relevant to the current discussion if monitor calibration by itself is no longer available/performed.

Calibrate the display and toss the ICC profile but why? Modern CMS and software that supports it need both as explained.

You appear to have avoided the very clearly stated question.

I explained why there is no need to avoid a device profile.

Allow me to reiterate the question.

Is there any monitor calibration "only" software currently available?

None I’m aware of instrument based because it’s a hack with today’s workflows using ICC CMS that REQUIRES a device profile. But I told you how to implement the hack if you must. Now why you would consider such a hack???? 🤮

I don't recall making any reference to a desire to not include a profile, nor any to a desire of hacking anything.  It was a simple, direct question, which you have finally answered as, not being aware of any.  Now why ask the question of whether any such software is currently offered?  I suppose it goes back to the responses in which it was more or less stated that monitor profiling and calibration is essentially one step, which it is.  The dialog by you and others is essentially superfluous.  It may be interesting and informative, but superfluous.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow