Does your personal taste match

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
tony field Forum Pro • Posts: 10,360
Re: Does your personal taste match

Fotoni wrote:

How often you experience situations when photos you think are the best you have done, are not received as well as photos you made specifically to please some kind of trend like colorful fantasy type post-processing or close distance (up to arm length) portraits? Is it any different when selling your photos instead just publishing? Have you got different reactions when showing the same photos printed?

I have never thought of my photographs in terms of "the best I have done".  At best I have a number of photographs that I happened to"like". It turns out that I have sold a number of photos in the performing arts and sports that have allowed me to purchase a substantial camera system over the years. I am not a photographic artist... I am simply a shooter. From all of my 800,000 images I might have half a dozen that might be considered art and that is of course essentially by accident.

-- hide signature --

Charles Darwin: "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
tony
http://www.tphoto.ca

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow