Customer Returns, Lens/Camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Todd Jones
Todd Jones Senior Member • Posts: 1,485
Re: Customer Returns, Lens/Camera

ikaika777 wrote:

It’s against the law for retailers to sell used products “as new”. They have to sell it as used or open box/demo. Places like B&H and Adorama offer 30 days return policy on used/open box/demo products. There’s nothing worse than buying someone else’s lemon.

The problem is what is "used"? They want the item returned in "like new condition" with all the original packaging including blank warranty card. I'm sorry but i could theoretically drop a lens on the carpet, jar something inside causing a performance issue now or later and it's getting  sold to the next guy. Do I have proof? Nope. There are a LOT of lenses getting returned, by me, you and all the YouTube testers and I just don't think B&H or anyone else is selling that many USED lenses.

-- hide signature --

After all is said and done and your photo is hanging on the wall, no one is going to know or care what camera, lens, or what post processing you used. All they care about is if the image moves them.
I’m not hung up on the Bokeh fad because I’m too busy chasing shadows.

-- hide signature --

Todd
I'm His, John 6:44

Todd Jones's gear list:Todd Jones's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow