XT2 seems to be starting to produce unfocused shots after working fine for years

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peregrin8 New Member • Posts: 18
XT2 seems to be starting to produce unfocused shots after working fine for years

Let me start by saying that I have been using an XT2 reliably for around 3 years now. Up until recently, I haven't had issues with the cameras autofocusing abilities.

I have the camera shutter release set to focus priority and this has typically worked well in the past. I recently came back from a hiking/backpacking trip and had plenty of landscape photos in good light ie. static scenes of rocks, trees etc. and upon reviewing my photos from the trip there are a surprising number of images that are completely out of focus that shouldn't be (the conditions weren't challenging, good light meant a fast enough shutter speed, image stabilization was enabled, and an aperture of around f 5.6- f9 was typical).

I am wondering what might have changed to cause these issues, could it be that the focus mechanism on the shutter is beginning to fail/become loose. I have used the camera heavily over the 3 years I have owned it with many thousands of photos taken. Has anyone else come across this issue?

This is incredibly annoying as it is happening quite frequently now and I haven't had this issue in the past. If I was photographing fast subjects, with continuous autofocus settings and a slow lens in low light I would expect a certain number of unfocused images, but the camera shouldn't be struggling with static subjects so I'm guessing something must be up.

Thank you for any suggestions

Here are some examples, this happened more than the few images I am posting here but these should be enough to give you an idea.

Peregrin8's gear list:Peregrin8's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow