The VM-Z Adapter; is it only a dream?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jim Mohundro Contributing Member • Posts: 700
The VM-Z Adapter; is it only a dream?

I’m retired from work and using a myriad of Nikkors and Nikon SLRs and DSLRs over many years.  As an older gentleman I’ve found much of the older Nikon equipment and associated gear a bit too much to tote around and use my little Panasonic GX85 and 15mm f/1.7 PL lens for travel; however, having sold my Nikon gear to friends and KEH, I still couldn’t resist holding on to my venerable 105mm f/2.5 AI-S manual focus lens and pairing with a Z 6.  I’m now looking for a small (pancake-type would be most desirable) 35mm WA lens to complete my kit (really, I think!) and the Voigtlander at about $400 might well be the best compromise for price and image quality (I can live with manual focus and the Z 6’s focus peaking and 100% magnification, together much superior to any of manual focus functions on any previous Nikon SLR or DSLR I’ve owned.

Of the postings I’ve read about Voigtlander/Z adapters, Voigtlander’s own device has theoretically shown the most promise, but I’m dubious about its existence outside of postings on this DPR site; in fact, the adapter does not appear on Voigtlander’s own site.  Is this adapter seeming a wishful dream among posters here?

-- hide signature --

Jim Mohundro

Jim Mohundro's gear list:Jim Mohundro's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon Z6 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Nikon Z6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow