E-M5 Mark III feature discussion

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
daleeight Senior Member • Posts: 2,326
Re: Phase detect auto-focus

cameron2 wrote:

RedDog Steve wrote:

dibe wrote:

The review here (ephotozine ) has this statement:

Olympus says that the ISO performance has been improved by 2 stops, and ISO6400 is as good as ISO1600 on the E-M5 II, according to Olympus. We’ll have to test this to find out. This also means that Auto ISO can use higher ISO speeds without as much worry about noise.

OK, to keep this within your narrowly defined topic -
<ISO performance is a feature, correct ?>

If that ISO improvement is anywhere near true, I will change my mind and be seriously interested.
I will be watching closely for DXO's ratings and the DPR studio scene low-light comparison.

It's a lie. The ISO performance can not be improved by even one stop, because physics. The QE of the sensors are already over 50%, so a 2-stop improvement would put their QE at over 200%, on a scale of 0-100%. That is what we call "impossible".

I think the statement is a 2 stop advantage over the E-M5mkII....

Still might not be possible in your head, or other physicists, but I think I agree with RedDog Steve and waiting for real numbers is a better idea than claiming it is a lie.

-- hide signature --

Dale

daleeight's gear list:daleeight's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow