X100F Left Side of Photos Out of Focus

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Cooke New Member • Posts: 11
X100F Left Side of Photos Out of Focus

Although I've read many discussions and articles on dpreview and being a Nikon user for many years this is my first thread here.

As of the many articles I've read, I fall into those who have wanted to be free and rid of the large camera bag of equipment and go with a smaller setup when needed. Travel photography is what I dedicate the majority of my time to.

After over more than a year of researching, I recently purchased new a Fujifilm X100F this past July 2019. I feel this camera is an excellent choice for my intentions and it's capabilities exceed what I looked for.

Although I should have evaluated my X100F example more closely during the first thirty day return period, unfortunately I didn't. I spent several days setting setting the camera FN buttons and dials to my liking and just experimenting with the camera prior to actually taking any photos. I really like everything about the camera, and honestly an understatement!

After several photos on a trip to Curasao and local areas where I live (taken within the camera return period), I noticed an out of focus area on the left side of the majority of the photos when infinite focus is used. The first few I brushed off as user error. Eventually I did some testing with a tripod and remote shutter button and the photos consistently were out of focus on approximately starting from approximately 20% from the left side of the frame. The majority of photos were taken at f/5.6. Absolutely nothing on lens.

Although many of the photos were taken within the return period of the camera which has been exceeded, the camera is now on it's way to Fujifilm Camera Repair and should arrive shortly and I'm waiting to hear from them.

I'm curious if any has experienced this and what the outcome might have been.

I'm including photos in my gallery for any comments and suggestions. Thanks much.

David

David Cooke's gear list:David Cooke's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X100F Nikon D300 GoPro Hero6 Black Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +11 more
Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow