Children Who Live Next to a Garbage Dump, Bhuntar, India (16-80mm)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
charley5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,703
Children Who Live Next to a Garbage Dump, Bhuntar, India (16-80mm)

This is a community garbage dump, and the parents of these children collect garbage from around the area (that's their job) and deposit it in large mounds. The children then pick through the dump for anything worthwhile, before it is trucked away. They live in literal hovels next to the dump.

At first I felt a bit sick to my stomach by the squalor, but then I tuned into the children, and they are sweet and bright and they seem mostly happy.

Unlike the images of the Rajasthani children, the first two and last three were taken in direct sunlight. The lens seems to focus much better in these situations. I also took some of the commentaries into consideration about the emotional side. I hope these are an improvement (and I apologize for snapping at a couple of people). I really do appreciate constructive criticism!

Again, these are straight out of the camera with no image manipulation. I will work on such things as the color cast when I get home.

I am now getting about 40% of images with acceptable sharpness, but I am still questioning the reliability of this lens. I haven't had time to load the latest firmware.

Thanks,

-Charles

charley5's gear list:charley5's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow