Three DMC-TZ100 Camera Drop in Low Light Quality

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James Noe Forum Member • Posts: 86
Three DMC-TZ100 Camera Drop in Low Light Quality

Hi,

Could be a weird coincidence, but three of us in the family have the same DMC-TZ100 camera.

Over the last 6 months or so, we've noticed (some more than others) that low-light photography seems to have deteriorated - particularly when zoomed.

Looking at the EXIF data, the camera seems to prefer to slow the shutter speed, rather than increase the ISO.

The problem primarily occurs in iA and iA+ mode.

Panasonic's response has been to take all the cameras in for servicing. The cameras are all about 1.5 - 2 years old.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

EXAMPLE 1: 2018 - Before issues noticed (91mm | f5.9 | 1/125s | ISO 1600 | No flash)

EXAMPLE 2 - 2018 - Before issues noticed (91mm | f5.9 | 1/30s | ISO 1600 | No Flash)

EXAMPLE 3  - 2019 - Image is not crisp (91mm | f5.9 | 1/10s | ISO 1600 | No Flash)

Given the ISO can go up to 25k, and there's no way to adjust the ISO settings in iA/iA+ mode Panasonic seems to be struggling to get the results we've been used to.

Note that whilst I'm fine to use the other modes to get the shots I want, I doubt I'll be able to educate the other family members to much beyond iA/iA+ modes!

Note also, that the same venue, a Samsung Galaxy was taking far better shots in the same conditions! There's no way that a high-end compact, even on auto mode, should get worse photos than a smart phone

James Noe's gear list:James Noe's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow