Catalina anyone?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
jeffnles1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,271
Re: Catalina anyone?

Scott Vail wrote:

jeffnles1 wrote:

I went to Catalina but went back to Mojave. I use Affinity Photo and the workflow of roundtripping from Apple Photos to Affinity and back is broken. Not the end of the world but the round trip worked in Mojave so I restored from the drive clone I made immediately prior to the Catalina install. I'll give it a few more weeks to see what Affinity will do to fix the problem.

I was unable to recreate this issue on a MacBook Pro and Catalina 10.15.. I admit that I don't use Photos, but having Affinity Photo installed, as well as the extension in Photos, I tried importing/opening an image in Photos>Edit in Affinity Photo. I made some obvious adjustments and saved the image. This action placed me back in Photos including the adjustments that had been made.

It could very well be that I'm not understanding the issue, but I'm not seeing an obvious problem.

Scott

Scott, it is a pretty well documented bug and on the Affinity Photo support forum their forum guy (MEH) has said they are working on it but no ETA.

The issue goes like this for those who are having the issue:

Photo imported to Photos.

Edit in Affinity Photos via plug in

Make changes in Affinity Photo

Save and close the file in Affinigy

Back in Photos, click on save changes

An error message pops up saying changes cannot be saved at this time.

I even deleted Affinity and re-loaded from the App Store thinking perhaps something got hosed up during the install process.  No go, still had the problem so went back to Mojave for the time being.

Glad it's working for you.  That gives some hope.  I like Affinity and could live without the plug in working but since it was easy for me to back out I thought I'd just stick with what I have for a while until I see how Affinity addresses the situation.

Photo editing, email, some very basic word processing and spreadsheets and web surfing are really all I use the Mac for.  Oh and reading books through the Kindle app.

Thanks for the response.

Jeff

jeffnles1's gear list:jeffnles1's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow