Caught up and Stressing!

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BISCUT New Member • Posts: 23
Caught up and Stressing!

Caught up in a conundrum; modern technology give us so many good choices yet leads to a path of insanity.

For 5 years now I've been using my D600 and D810 with a nice compliment of Nikon and a few Sigma lenses.  Good system but at some point it's time to upgrade.  I'm at a point financially where I can make the upgrade to mirrorless.  Certainly a first world problem.

Let's keep cost out of the recommendations.  I can swing 10k up front.  I also want to be clear I am no pro.  What drives me, besides always having an affinity for photography, is soon to semi-retire and I love to travel and take images.  I also have 3 kids (8, 11, 13) active in sports.  All that really means I will soon have more TIME to do what I want.  And photo is a big one.

I mostly shoot candid, portrait, landscape, street/travel.  My kids sports are important too.  Lots of travel baseball 4 seasons (each has about 70 games a year all over) and basketball is 3 seasons for us.   While not emphasized on sports I do need some action capability.

Nikon Z7, Sony A7Riii, Sony A7Riv, and Sony A9 are what I've narrowed it down too.  I originally thought of starting with the iv and 2 lenses and picking up a used A9 in spring.  Reason is my 11 year old will have some cool baseball tournaments in MD, SC, TN, and Cooperstown in August.  BUT I wondered if the iii could handle that role; I assume the higher pixel count of the iv would cause some issues with action images but I'm not sure so wanted to ask.

The above cameras are all good performers I get that. I will have whatever my decision is for 5-0 years so I'm really going a little crazy over this.  So not me!!!  I'm more of a picke it and learn it!!  Done.

I appreciate all your replies.

Nikon D600 Nikon D810 Nikon Z7 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow