Nikon D200, just purchased off flash and I need some help.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Art Mustel Junior Member • Posts: 32
Nikon D200, just purchased off flash and I need some help.

Hello all. Some time ago I purchased my first Nikon, the D200, and I wanted to complement it with an off flash. I just purchased this cheap iTTL:

https://www.cameta.com/Sunpak-DigiFlash-3000-Electronic-Flash-Unit-for-Nikon-i-TTL-97705.cfm

Ok, flash seem to work well on camera and iTTL works fine too. Problem is when I try to use the flash of camera, as slave. I set flash to Slave mode and then in camera menu I set camera flash to Commander Mode, and changed its setting from TTL to "- - -". Then I pop the camera flash up and with my left hand I point the off flash to the scene I want to photograph. When I shoot, certainly camera triggers the off flash and all seem to be fine, but picture comes totally subexposed, very dark, which doesn't happen when I use the external flash as master, on the camera. I have checked all settings on the camera and can't find nothing wrong. I hope it is something simple that I'm doing wrong and will appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow