Is it worth getting an OG Canon EOS-M

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
HaroldC3
HaroldC3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,522
Re: Is it worth getting an OG Canon EOS-M

KEG wrote:

nnowak wrote:

michoristo wrote:

The original M is absolute garbage. I had one and it was practically unusable unless you were shooting a static subject in bright light. The autofocus is sooooooooo slow that it was impossible to use. Low light? forget about it.

And yet it still worked better than the M3.

On the other hand it was extremely well built. With the M6Mkii, I'm finally willing to get back into the EosM system, hopefully it wont let me down.

Here are two of mine from M3.

The only difference between it and M6/M50 is that the color response different and 22/2.0 works better on M6/M50 and af is faster on M6/M50.

The M3 was a decent camera there's no doubt.  It was my primary camera when I took my family vacation in Hawaii back in 2015 and I got great results from it.

However it suffered from a few bugs that were never fixed.

1. The green vignette issue - some people noticed a green tint in the vignette and this was never addressed by Canon

2.  AEB - the AEB bug basically caused the camera to take bracketed shots at like 1-2 fps.  I don't recall if anyone actually discovered why.

3. Inconsistent WB - it seems like it was all over the place for me.  I shot RAW and I spent a gret amount of time trying to get it correct.

Still, I do not regret my purchase.  When I had it, it was definitely an upgrade from the M/M2.

HaroldC3's gear list:HaroldC3's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Venus Laowa 9mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Joo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow