First custom build

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gnine Contributing Member • Posts: 582
First custom build

So I got hit just on 7 months back, by a lady driving a ute/pickup who was cutting a corner that severely, that she collected me minding my own business, happily riding down my side of the road. Combined impact speed of around 60 km/hr. I performed a not so graceful somersaulting cartwheel through the air, and landed in a similar fashion. Not so gracefully. Yeah, an ambulance ride to the hospital was required. Plus some painkillers. And some surgery. Titanium plates, bolts and screws added. Still recovering, but progress is very slow. Compared to the initial 2 or 3 months.

I've always wanted to custom build a bike to exactly suit my preferences, (which is not really possible when buying off the shelf store bikes), so while recovering, a plan was devised. The interwebz was scoured, various combinations of parts, weights & prices compared & noted, and filed in the memory banks. The good lady wife was informed that I "needed" some new parts for my bike, (not entirely true, but close enough) and the plan got underway. God damn, it's great fun waiting for those boxes to arrive at your doorstep, to be ripped open like an excited kid at Christmas. Then rushing to the spare bedroom to fit them to the emerging build. I think the wife caught on to what was going on, when she couldn't recognize a single piece from my existing bike Oh well, too late to turn back now. Press on

And this is the result. Absolutely love it. Best fun ride I've owned/ridden, ever. Oh yeah, m4/3 cameras rock. Small, compact & light enough to be easily carried on these type of capers, yet still provide excellent image quality. I love my ultrawide lens

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow