Extending my Fuji X-T2 setup

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ibalance New Member • Posts: 12
Extending my Fuji X-T2 setup

I currently use a Fuji X-T2 and am very happy with it. Using it mainly with three Fujicrons, this makes a great travel setup for me. Still there are situations where this camera attracts too much attention or I feel it's a bit too hefty, so I want to extend my setup with a smaller or more casual camera. Ideally this should be a range finder style camera to also bring something new to the shooting experience.

My first idea was to go with the X100F, but I am hesitant due to the fixed lens. I don't think I need the leaf shutter or ND either.

I even looked into the Ricoh GR I/II – but the missing viewfinder is a huge turn off, combined with the fixed lens. I know there is a viewfinder for the hot shoe, but this does not look like a casual setup to me. Having used a similar setup with a film camera, I also now that it's not especially pocketable.

The next camera I looked into was the X-E3. Seems very interesting and I could combine it with a pancake lens. Problem: Both Fuji pancakes (XF 18/2 and XF 27/2.8) are rather old and get very mixed reviews, I am not excited about purchasing them.

Since the X-Pro 2 is not in my budget, I also thought about a used X-Pro 1, but again the pancake situation does not make me happy. Since a used X-Pro 1 is rather cheap, I still could give the pancakes a try I guess.

Advice, experiences, opinions – everything is welcome since I am stuck with my decisions here.

Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow