First non-kit lens for a young photographer.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Marty Lo Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: First non-kit lens for a young photographer.

JaKing wrote:

Marty Lo wrote:

Barry Twycross wrote:

Marty Lo wrote:

Auf Reisen wrote:

With Panasonic lenses on Olympus bodies, you can either use the lens stabilisation or the in-body stabilisation of the camera, but you cannot use both in conjunction. Double IS only works with bodies and lenses of the same manufacturer.

That's good to hear,

I found a Panasonic 25mm F1.7, it's $200 less RRP however doesn't match the whole retro look the Olympus combo unit provides.

That's expensive, or is that a different $?

It's still $148 (US) from Amazon, I have one lying around unused on the shelf my wife would love me to get rid of. I prefer the 20/1.7.

At our national chain store in Aust, the rrp for the Zuiko 25mm $AUD499. The Lumix 25mm was $AUD300.

Marty, my f/1.8 25 Olympus was AUD$ 339 at Michael's in Melbourne.

It's 520 now.

https://michaels.com.au/collections/photography-lenses-mirrorless-system-lenses/products/olympus-25mm-f1-8-silver-lens-55079?_pos=1&_sid=134af6108&_ss=r

I was tipped off on a HK vendor retailing at around the price you purchased at. I think it's a go.

Marty Lo's gear list:Marty Lo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Apple iPad Pro 9.7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow