Two little details on EM5.3 - good , less good

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 39,734
Two little details on EM5.3 - good , less good

1 Not a fan that the EVF is locked to a 60fps refresh with no option for higher. Before you say "that's because it's OLED" - there are several OLEDS in the market hitting 100fps+

If I had to guess, the battery life would have suffered here in a significant way.

The downside is that the em5 mKii had a mode for 100+fps

2 Anti-flickr- given that Olympus UK makes it seem that this is a new feature over EM5 MKII, and the EM5 MKII has a menu option for this, it seems like a new anti-flicker option.

I have never seen options like these work well from any manufacturer- I have taken my PenF, Fuji (before I sold it) and once you are doing electronic shutter silent shots at night above 1/125 sec it has a chance with artificial light to band something bad.

If the EM5.3 really has this as a true working enhancement that seems little but it's a notable step forward for e-shutter shooting at night/ artificial light.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow