2 minute exposures with SD Quattro H

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 13,852
2 minute exposures with SD Quattro H

I've seen some beautiful photos from some of our contributors here, but it's been a while since I was out early enough to capture a really long exposure myself. The other day I got up early enough to capture this two minute exposure of the Hillsboro Inlet lighthouse:

Adjusted in SPP 6.7.0 and edited (including straightening, cropping, sharpening, etc.) in GIMP

If you inspect this image closely, you will see there is noise, though I did my best to hide it. Surprisingly, even  though I shot this at ISO 100, there was a lot of color noise, especially in the sand, sea, and sky. The color noise was very sparse though, with bright green, magenta, and even yellow dots. I can't explain why that happened. You can see there is a lot of low level color noise too, so I think the next time I process one of these, I will use the color noise reduction tool in SPP.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +20 more
Sigma sd Quattro H
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow