Is it worth getting an OG Canon EOS-M

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
davev8
davev8 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,624
Re: Is it worth getting an OG Canon EOS-M

nnowak wrote:

ChinusGomes wrote:

I have currently have a 6D but I've been wanting something smaller to carry around, I was looking around at some of the mirrorless ones.

I really liked the look of the sonys but then I saw an EOS-M cheap get that and a 22mm f/2 + maybe the adapter to so it also can be a back up body in a pinch.

The original M is still a fun and competent camera and is probably the best built of the bunch. The only downside is the AF is really only suitable for static subjects, and shot to shot times can be quite slow by modern standards. Prices tend to be around $100

If you can find one, the M2 goes for around $150 and the overall handling is much faster and it also adds wifi photo transfer. Build quality is just as excellent as the original M.

Personally, I would not look at the M10 or M3.

From there, the newer models all have much faster AF, but prices go up proportionally.

i agere with the above ...i have the M and M2.. they are both capable of producing VERY nice photos with lovely colors .. and the build makes my M5 feal cheap....But the M can be very annoying to use as its so slow ...if it goes to sleep its faster to wake it up by switching it off and back on agen than the usual method of 1/2 press of the shutter (if you think its not slow to wake up then its not asleep ...just the LCD off ) shutter lag is bad when the shutter button is used but MUCH faster if you use touch shutter on the back lcd... the M2 is  a lot better..but if spread is not a problem  its a good little camera with the nice canon touch interface

-- hide signature --

Attention Dislexsic i mean dyslexic person... This post will have many although spell checked, spelling and grammatical errs ..its The best its going get so no need to tell me its bad i know it is .....................................................................................................
My 5D IS a MK1 classic
..........................................................................................................
There is no argument for FF vs APS-c (or m43) with shallow DOF..as it's a law of physics and a very subjective personal thing if you want to make use of the shallow DOF only FF can offer
...........................................................................................................
Political correctness....somebody being offended on someone else's behalf....who that someone doesn't give a damn in the first place ....David Appleton.
.....................................................................................................
If you wait for a camera that will  tick all your boxes ....by then you will have more boxes to tick..... so the wait continues .....David Appleton
..................................................................................................
quoting irrefutable facts may get you branded a racist ..even if no race is involved .......David Appleton
.....................................................................................................

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 5D Nikon D70s Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Canon EOS M5 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Joo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow