Is this dirt on my sensor?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Lichtspiel
Lichtspiel Senior Member • Posts: 1,803
Re: Is this dirt on my sensor?

derdirk wrote:

This is dust on the rear Element of the Lens. Just try another Lens to confirm.

To those that don't see the spots, please calibrate your Monitor

cheers,

dirk

S/he already did change lenses and confirmed the spots are on the sensor, not the lens.

To OP - take a shot of an even blue sky to see if they show up more clearly. Of course, the question is, why even worry if one has difficulties finding the spot at apertures that are not really used anyway.

Difficult to "un"see something once discovered. I had some clearly visible dust on my RX1 and there was no way to fix that with reasonable costs. Pain.

However, for easily accessible sensors, why don't to take a flashlight and lens/magnifying glass and see if there is something visible on the sensor? Don't lay the camera on its back to avoid getting more crud in there. If you see something resembling dust (it may be on the opposite side of the sensor, compared to the location in the image), get a "Rocket blower" (sounds more impressive than it is) and try to blow it away (without touching the sensor). Perhaps watch some youtube videos. Good luck!

Lichtspiel's gear list:Lichtspiel's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus 8mm F1.8 Fisheye Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow