Zeiss Batis LED-display is smarter than I thought.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SonyOB Contributing Member • Posts: 820
Zeiss Batis LED-display is smarter than I thought.

Today I went out too late. It gets dark here very fast. the beach is covered with sharp roks and round rocks, slippery and mobile. The strong wind wanted to blow my Sirui bag to the ocean. I could not leave the camera on the standing tripod for a second. Salt mist flew everywhere, obstructing my eyeglasses.

I decided to take a couple of shots anyway, following my ow rule: Stop down to f/11 and hand focus to the hyperfocal point. Batis gives you the hyperfocal point! You dial in the f-stop and turn the ring until the -sign appears from the right. On the left, you see the shortest sharp distance. The selected distance shows in the middle. I was surprised but it went back and forth as I changed the f-stop. It still does, when I am at home.

Landscape photographers should appreciate this feature. I have not run across it on any reviews yet. But there it is. Verified. Look, Daddy, no bokeh!

-- hide signature --

"Excuses. That's what you are creative with instead of putting your mind on not needing any".

SonyOB's gear list:SonyOB's gear list
Sony RX100 V Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a7 III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow