BurnImage wrote:

A_Mist wrote:

BurnImage wrote:

whumber wrote:

A_Mist wrote:

garryr wrote:

What’s missing?

Small f2 WR PRO primes ala Fujicron.

Yep, the whole idea of a tiny weather sealed body makes a lot more sense when there are tiny weather sealed lenses to go with it.

Nail on head! The irony is that I’ve invested in the 17mm and 45mm 1.2 Pro lenses, simply because they are sensational. But they tend to live on my non WR Pen-F........

Yes, and when used some PRO lenses, may it be zooms or f1.2 primes, the size difference looks like this.

I know it’s daft isn’t it? what’s the point of the new EM5-3 and WR if their are no small and good WR lenses to put on it? 😂

There's a couple, fewer than I'd like but still... The upcoming PL25 II seems like one of the better options. Sigma's may not be as robustly sealed but the 56/1.4 is no larger than the PL25 and also has a gasket at the mount at the very least, there's also the 60/2.8 macro, the 8/1.8 fisheye, and the Sigma 16/1.4 (granted that one's just as large as the Oly Pro primes).

I preordered the PL25 II almost out of principle (almost, I've used/borrowed the original a lot so I know what I'm getting). I'd been saying for ages a sealed PL25 II just made sense (still carries a premium, just less so, easier to update since it's plastic), and I wanted a sealed prime smaller than my 17/1.2 so... We'll see how I get along with 25mm as a FL in the long run.

Yes, PL 25/1.4 ii is good option. I’ll buy one too. Still, it hardly makes E-M5.3 any more pocketable than E-M1.2, as you need a bag anyway.

A_Mist's gear list:A_Mist's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow