Olympus OMD E-M5: After taking a picture my screen stays black

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FujiS3ProGuy Junior Member • Posts: 25
Olympus OMD E-M5: After taking a picture my screen stays black

Hi,

this is my first post in here.

After a long time of eyeing the Olympus OMD E-M5 I bought a used camera with battery grip on ebay. It is in excellent condition and the previous owner took 800 pictures with it.

My father owns a Yi Mi1 and I got his Yi 42.5mm 1:1,8 lens (supposed to be made by TAMRON) for my Olympus camera. I charged the battery, put in a working "Kingston SDHC 8GB (4)" and tried to take my first pictures.
The AF is working, I use AF-S, frame the picture, EVF and Screen work perfectly but when I take the picture I hear the shutter and the camera goes blank after showing me the recorded picture on the screen.

I resettet every setting in the camera, I tried the lens on my fathers YI MI1 and I put the lens on the camera and checked for the clicking sound when I put it on.

Filming seems to create no problems. The pictures were saved to card but I have to switch the camera off and on to take another picture.

Is there a setting which could help me?

I really would like to keep the camera, since I wanted it badly for a long time.

I hope to reach someone who can help.

Thank you for reading.

Cheers,

Gregor

-- hide signature --

Gear:
Sigma SD Quattro / Sigma 30mm 1:1,4 ART
Fuji S3 Pro / Nikon D 50mm 1:1,4
Olympus OMD E-M5 / Yi 42.5mm 1:1,8

FujiS3ProGuy's gear list:FujiS3ProGuy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Sigma sd Quattro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow