DSC-RX10 IV Pull the trigger?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AJ Kloza
AJ Kloza Forum Member • Posts: 90
Re: DSC-RX10 IV Pull the trigger?

Try your luck using Greentoe.com.  Put your bid in and you're certain to get it for less than the list price.  And it will be a brand new USA model from an authorized US Sony retailer.

Two weeks ago I did just that.  My bid was $1425 on the RX10 IV and I received a counter offer a few minutes later of $1499.  I didn't bite on it and 3 days later a retailer in PA accepted my original offer and the camera was shipped to me a couple days later. No shipping charges or sales tax either and a receipt was included from that PA retail store.

This was my second experience with them and just as satisfying as the first.  Just be aware that if you do bid on something through Greentoe, you're locked into it for a set time limit.  Mine was set for 3 days and that offer wasn't accepted until 15 minutes before that time limit would have expired.  They take your credit card info and you are committed to that bid until the expiration of the time limit set on it.

Funny thing was I happened to find a used copy of the RX10 IV for $1200 and was ready to purchase it but I was still locked into that Greentoe bid and couldn't get out of it.  I was counting the minutes to when I could, when as I said, 15 minutes before the expiration, my offer was accepted.  I'm happy though as I got a new camera with warranty, rather than someone's used copy.

YMMV, but if I'm buying new I will always use their service in the future.  Good luck with your decision, but as others have already said--you can't go wrong with this camera--it is THAT good!

AJ Kloza's gear list:AJ Kloza's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Canon EOS R Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Apple iPhone 11 Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow