RAW plus jpeg files on XT2 (in camera solution/hack)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
hankse Regular Member • Posts: 130
Re: RAW plus jpeg files on XT2 (in camera solution/hack)

mikeodial wrote:

I have been trying to figure out a way to save both Raw and jpg files for each image shot on my XT2. I think I have found out how to do it.

1. Set your save as card configuration to save Raw and jpeg on separate cards
  2. Use the Film Simulation bracketing to the configuration you want
  3. Shoot. The result will be to write three raw files to the Raw SD card and the three jpeg film simulations to the jpeg card.

I am shocked and happy that this works. The only downside I see is the saving of three RAW files, two of which I don't need. However, this "hack" is a good bug if Fuji did not intend the camera to be used this way. I am going to try this with my GFX which is really where I would like to use it.

Note: it does take a long time to create the files, so if you are in a fast shooting situation, this solution may not work for you.

Why bother with FS bracketing if you want an OOC jpeg? Shoot raw+jpeg with one FS  and then when you decide on the keepers, FS don't decide the keepers, use the cameras built in raw editor to generate as many OOC jpegs with any FS you want.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow