A threat to Panasonic m43 ?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris Veteran Member • Posts: 5,421
A threat to Panasonic m43 ?

Are Panasonic in a strong financial position compared to others, or was the Panasonic S1H a huge mistake which could eventually threaten our beloved m43 manufacturer?

We all know research and development is a major cost, and of course setting up a production line, then marketing, especially when try to sway a whole market.

I wouldn't know where to look but I can't imagine that the large Panasonic S1H full frame camera is a big seller. I mean DPR haven't even bothered creating a forum area for it yet. And I think that says a lot.

I don't know if they mistakenly expected Panasonic m43 users to go and 'upgrade', or all Canon, Nikon and Sony users to suddenly 'jump ship'.

At best I can only see it as a slow burner and unfortunately in this hyper competitive world however good it is it will soon get surpassed.

Do you think the Panasonic S1H could be the product that will end up threatening the viability of Panasonic's camera division?

-- hide signature --
 Adrian Harris's gear list:Adrian Harris's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow