So, I'm needing a 50ish, go old or new Chinese?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
backsidewalkaround Forum Member • Posts: 72
Re: So, I'm needing a 50ish, go old or new Chinese?

guitarjeff wrote:

One thing I am now realizing is part of the fun I am having with these primes is just the enjoyment of thinking about where you are going to shoot, figuring out the size and type of shots you will get there and then making your selections of what lenses to take. Popping a zoom on is such an easy choice that you don't really need to think that much about the shots and where you are going.

So while I also love the rendering of these primes, they have a beauty all their own, I am also surprised at how much fun it is to just think about what kind of places you are going and make informed choices of what shots you believe you will get.

My goodness, I'll end up with a bag full of primes, lol. I may get the FD 50, then the Nikkor too, keep the Hexanon, and add a zuiko or others as well as a China cheapie, lol. Wow what fun it is to ponder all this.

YES!

One more suggestion that should be cheaper than the Kamlan: Contax Planar 1.7/50.  IMHO that's a step up even from the Canon FD 1.4/50 which I don't use much. I find it boring. But that's probably only the case because it has never given me one of those WOW-shots that really make you love your lens.

backsidewalkaround's gear list:backsidewalkaround's gear list
Sony a7 Sony a7R III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow