Auto Focus Tuning

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 19,409
Re: Auto Focus Tuning

TS set to negative. I set it to -2. If the AF point/s go off your subject AF will hang on and not refocus instantly on something else and give you time to reacquire your original subject. This includes your subject being obstructed momentarily by something else like a tree or another bird.

TS is positive. I set mine to + 2. The opposite of It being negative. System will immediately refocuses on another subject when AF point/s fall on it. The intent is that you are already focused on something else first. For example good for tracking two runners in a race, you are shooting both and are switching from one to another.

Increasing Accel/Decel. AF is more sensitive to objects moving to towards and away from you which includes abrupt stops/starts and increase/decrease in speed from a start point to a finish point.

AF switching is best suited for the zone AF modes. Increasing AF switching makes AF more sensitive to left, right, up and down movement. You will notice the AF points switch more quickly as the subject moves around the screen.

If you increase both Accel/Decel and AF switching front to back and left/right up/down erratic movement is covered. Good for erratic birds, etc.

-- hide signature --

I feel that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow