DA*50-135

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edwinD
edwinD Regular Member • Posts: 226
DA*50-135

Always on the lookout for a bargain, I was browsing for sale ad's on a local site and spied a DA*50-135 lens for sale. It was at a pawn shop 100km away.

This morning I drove there and the shop specialized in automotive parts and power tools with a small display case for cameras and lenses.

I asked to see the lens and had my K5 with me. As I had guessed, the SDM wasn't working and the lens hood was missing.

Other than that the glass was clean and no scratches and it had a Hoya UV(c) filter and a Hoya PL-CIR polarizing filter on it.

The owner of the store asked me what I thought, I told him that the autofocus wasn't working and the lens hood was missing.

'Make me an offer' he said. '$150 tax in' I said. "you've got a deal' he said!

Wow, no counter offer! and now I am the owner of a mate to my DA*16-50.

First order of business is to convert it to screw drive (like I did with my 16-50) and then find a lens hood.

I think I got a bargain.

-- hide signature --

There is no one so lonely as a person without their PENTAX........I said that!
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/edwindukes

edwinD's gear list:edwinD's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 14mm F2.8 ED (IF) +1 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow