Batis and others

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cekon Forum Member • Posts: 84
Batis and others

A new TZE-1 Adapter just arrived in my office today - I had the chance to test it with my Z6 and some E-mount lenses!

The Sony Planar FE 50mm 1.4 did not make a good figure - a lot of hunting and general slow AF, but it's also not one of the fastest (AF-wise) lenses on our Alphas. I had an Alpha 9 on hand for comparison; of course it worked better there, but wouldn't convince me to spend 1500,- Euros for this heavy lens either

The set of Batis lenses (18/25/85/135) is a joy on the Z6! AF works almost flawlessly even compared to the Alpha 9, which is of course another league (with its incredible Nikon-DSLR-like Dynamic AF Tracking....look Nikon: that's how it works!).

Better with the Nikon Z: manual focus override works easily (as with all Nikons), whereas with the Sony Alphas I never really figured out their stupid DMF mode :-/

Pinpoint AF works somehow (Techart writes it "cannot be used") but leads to a lot of hunting.

The distance and DOF display in the lenses works flawless, but DOF is only displayed correctly if the lens aperture is stepped down (e.g. Preview button).

Close / low contrast objects sometimes appear to be a little difficult for the Nikon/TZE/Batis combination, this is where MF override comes in handy.

I'll check some more lenses when I have access to them (should be a FE 35mm/1.4 and FE 24-70mm/2.8).

A shot from my empty coffee mug (well, I was in the office all day, what else should I shoot...):

Z6 / TZE / Batis 25mm/2.0 wide open, little cropping/adjustment in LR

Cekon's gear list:Cekon's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +6 more
Nikon Z6 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow