Catalina anyone?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Scott Vail Senior Member • Posts: 1,491
Re: Catalina anyone?

LouCioccio wrote:

Scott,

I stopped using MSOffice at Office 97 on my Windows and stopped MSOffice on the Mac awhile back. I did go with LibreOffice on both computers (and laptops). Although not a power user with Excel sheets the most I did was reference different sheets. I did look to see if it had conditional formatting but not sure if the same as MS. The one thing I did notice when I went from MS to Libre was that some of the pull down menus were not in the same place like page formatting a document was not where I expected. What really was strange with MSOffice when they change the layout to me it was not user friendly. I started with Word version one up to 97 suite.

Here is a couple of screen shots plus I did donate to LibreOffice because I do use it regularly.

Thank you, Lou...

Wanted to let you know that I've downloaded a copy of LibreOffice and at first glance, I think it will prove a suitable replacement for Office. I've only played with it briefly on a MacBook Pro upgraded to Catalina and it may not be quite as polished as MS Office, but it appears more aligned with Excel than Numbers. By the way, Calc does support my use of Conditional Formatting. Now, I can start thinking about upgrading my desktop Mac.

Scott

Scott Vail's gear list:Scott Vail's gear list
Nikon D3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow