Transfering 35mm negative to digital form? Some more information about this?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Andreascy
OP Andreascy Contributing Member • Posts: 824
Re: Transfering 35mm negative to digital form? Some more information about this?

Smaug01 wrote:

Andreascy wrote:

Smaug01 wrote:

Andreascy wrote:

Thank you very much for the answer. unfortunately i have all kind of lenses and i am missing the macro lens) if i had a macro lens maybe i could try this method with camera.

I looked at your Gear List. All you need is a set of inexpensive extension tubes ($30?) and a 58 mm to 62 mm step-up ring for your 50/1.8G lens.

i am giving you an example of a an image i scan using my flatbed epson 3200.

No offense, but that is either not a sharp original or not a very good scan. You will do a lot better with your 50/1.8G lens + extension tube + ES-2 + step-up ring on your D700.

You will throw out your scanner after you see the results from the above suggested outfit.

hello jeremy. thank you very much for your suggestion. i strongly believe that the images are not clear. I will wait the images will come from the Nikon F2 that i am testing now. by the way i didnt now about extension tube but i will still need the ES2 and thats is costing a lot. I dont have negatives for appearance just i made this all for fun, and if will cost a lot i will not go for it.) thank you

ES-2 was expensive for being as simple as it is. ($140) But it is very well executed, as you'd expect from OEM Nikon gear. Add $30 or so for the extension tube, and it is not a super cheap solution, but it IS a high quality one.

Here's what we can do: Take a strip of negatives that you think are sharp and scan them the best you can. Then, mail that negative strip to me, and I'll do the same. We'll both post our results. That will either confirm the negative is not sharp, (in which case you can rest easy that your scanner is not necessarily the limiting factor) or that the negative IS sharp. Then, based on the results, you can decide how to proceed. I'll mail the negative strip back, of course.

Thank you for the suggestion.  Yes i have to find negatives that i know for sure that are sharp. then  i can tell if its satisfy me or not.  To be honest just to see the negatives on the screen in normal resolution it satisfy me. but as you said if i start using film camera and i can get much better result why not to search for a better scanning device. The Es-2 is not so expensive. especially for someone that he have a lot of negatives to scan . but as i told you  the question is , do i have to spend another 200 euro to buy better scanning device so i can scan some negatives? By the way i want to give this scanner more chances and try different method, or software, if the negative is better i think i can have much better photo. with the help of photoshop  i will make it much better.  This thread is not over. i will come back here to write when i will have more negatives to scan.  By the way thank you letting me know about  extension tubes. how they work? they can keeping the lens away from sensor and that cause them to work like a manual macro lens. yes?

Andreascy's gear list:Andreascy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow