Canon 80D / Hensel Wireless Strobe System Help!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DPReviewLogin1 New Member • Posts: 4
Canon 80D / Hensel Wireless Strobe System Help!

My wife has a Canon D series Mark II camera that was new back in 2004 (I don't recall the if it was a 1d 2d, etc.) Regardless, she used that camera in conjunction with her Hensel wireless monolight kit.

The camera talked to the monolights via the Hensel Strobe Wizard Plus radio transmitter, which connected to the camera via the camera's hot shoe and the Wizard plus also has a sync cable that attached to the side of the camera.  However, the 80D does not seem to have a sync port anywhere...???  Seriously? Or are we missing something?

We never considered that a 15 year newer $1000 Canon camera wouldn't be able to connect to her strobe kit. (It was a Christmas present I got her, what can I say. I didn't research it very well, lol).

So how do we get the camera and her strobe kit to talk without having to rig some some optical flash sync garbage?

Is there some nifty built in thing in the 80D that magically syncs? Is there some sort of shoe adapter that has a sync connector we can purchase to connect the wizard transmitter to?

Any solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow