focus peaking on m43 ... how good is it?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
KLH475 Senior Member • Posts: 1,146
Re: focus peaking on m43 ... how good is it?

kohinoor wrote:

In this thread Danny Young ("nzmacro") mentions that the peaking on his EM10 was no good (compared to NEX7) for his bird photography with the 500mm lens.
And in another thread Nick ("gardenersassistant") expresses his dislike of the peaking on his G9 (as compared to his A7ii) albeit for his macro work which might not be comparable to birding.

As I happen to have a fd500mm (for birding) in the mail but no camera yet to put it on ... I would like to know if peaking ability should be a deciding factor for my cam choice. -Is it useable for critical, precise focus in any of the m43 cams? (I won't put it on a Sony for several other reasons)

Thanks
K.

I have an Olympus E-M10 II and I pretty much only shoot static subjects, aperture priority, S-AF + manual and I really like focus peaking a lot. It's bright and clear and I can change the color and intensity. I occasionally also use magnify along with focus peaking as well. I find them both very helpful - especially focus peaking.

Ken

KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow