Which post production Software/App is good for Raw?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
fferreres Veteran Member • Posts: 3,085
Re: Which post production Software/App is good for Raw?

kapil86 wrote:

Hello All,

I tried both Lightroom and Photoshop for post production but both are paid.

Please suggest me any good platform or software which is free for Raw photo post production. ?

I am in photography so right now i am not willing to spend money untill I'll be pro.

Thanks

For pure bare metal deep to the bone very advanced ideas of raw processing, there isn't anything even at all semi close to RawTherapee. It has certain limitations, but it's basically a huge pipeline of the best open source algorithms and while it's not foolproof at all, nor easy to pick up, it is very advanced as a RAW processor. There's very little not there.

It's a shame there's no RAW editing encapsulation that would allow one to continue to use RAW in other programs after modifications, forcing you to save as other formats for example, and not be able then to go pack...ie. as if everything was a plugin of everything else of sorts. A universal modification format.

So that's about the only thing I miss, that it doesn't have local editing and cannot be further integrated for example with Gimp. RawTherapee has a great online manual, it's somewhat buggy (the builds) and it's a very small team doing a lot also.

Would be nice if it could also be used for video (of course, extremely slow).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow