How Secure are those Neck Straps?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Randy2468 Regular Member • Posts: 103
How Secure are those Neck Straps?

Hello all,

Being relatively new to the wonderful art of photography I have a lot to learn.

I live in a touristy trap kind of location where it's really packed and busy during the winter months.  As such, getting around can be a real challenge.   Sometimes I want to go to the beach and take photographs but parking is expensive (if available)

To get around 90% of this, I often take my 150cc scooter.   It's quick and nimble and allows me to make quick stops practically anywhere for a photo.

But what often worries me is the thought of my camera neck strap failing and the camera falling to the ground.  I don't go more than 50ft or so wearing the camera around my neck.   But just moving short distances to get a better shot or different angle.  Once I head home it goes back in the case and stored under the seat.

But how secure are neck straps that come with cameras?   I have a Panasonic FZ1000 with the OEM neck strap that came with it.   Is it secure?  have you ever had a neck strap fail?

Should I invest in a better neck strap and if so, can you recommend one I can count on and don't have to worry about failing?

Thanks

Randy2468's gear list:Randy2468's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 +1 more
Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow