Speedlight Studio Setup for Full Lengths

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DrSabin New Member • Posts: 5
Speedlight Studio Setup for Full Lengths

I recently went to a studio for the first time a couple weeks ago to shoot full body portraits for a active wear brand I'm starting. I was able to get "okay" results but I had to rely on the continuous lights which were not powerful as I needed them to be. I didn't feel comfortable with the strobes or speedlights there, since I've never used them before. Instead of spending a lot of money at a studio, I decided I want to purchase some speed lights and setup a small studio at my home.

So far I've considered the following

• Godox XProC TTL
  • Godox AD200
  • Godox TT600 Thinklite
  • Godox S-Type Speedlite Bracket for Bowens
  • Impact Heavy-Duty Air-Cushioned Light Stand
  • 2x 80cm Godox Octagon Softbox

Thinking of just starting with the AD200 till I understand what I'm doing and seeing if that is strong enough, but the goal would be able to do full length shots for product shots and have a good starting kit for more experimental stuff so I can learn my way around a studio environment . I'm also planning on using the Godox AD200 as a fill light outside as a fill light for full lengths - so sticking to a wireless setup is important to me.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for all the tips I've gathered lurking over the years  .

DrSabin's gear list:DrSabin's gear list
Sony a6000 Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow