Does nat geo have a policy on ethical photograpy?!

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zippyzipszaps
Zippyzipszaps Regular Member • Posts: 118
Does nat geo have a policy on ethical photograpy?!

That's a rehtorical question but to me an animal taking 3 years to become accustomed to a cameras presence doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the animal. A camera trap!?

But, was the guy behind the lens at all times? Or was the camera merely set up there? I could probably, read more about it. Did he remotely snap the photo and not have it on some type of automatic rapid fire and not even see it live? If that's the case then the shoot captured has zero skills

Because, when I rapid fire, I forget all skills and turn into a crazed lunatic only worried about getting the shot. Like my composition goes to the waste side. The only skill I have, on successful rapid fire shots of animals moving is correct exposure and wb. Obviously the best can be calm and think about the rapid fire.

I say this as more of a diss on nat geo. Because I have no issue if a bird flys away, just so can get closer, to get a photo. Just like iDC if somebody wants to sit down by a bench and a bird flies away. Nor do i care if people bait birds with bird seeds just to enjoy their presence or take a photo.As with the hypercriticalness of some people thinking it's not ok to bait a bird of prey but it's ok to bait small birds with worms or seeds. I choose not to just because I don't want to.

Like I said, it's not a diss on the guy who captured by using a trap and even question his love for birds just like I don't question my love for birds by making them fly away JUST to take a picture. Which I'd think would violate Nat geo animal photograpy ethics but yet chooses a winner that took 3 years to get used to a camera. So it's cool for Nat geo to have a winner in which the animal was so bothered by the camera trap the animal didn't used to it for 3 year.

99.9% of photography is NOT art.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow