Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
whichbordernext
whichbordernext Forum Member • Posts: 76
Photography Website, Ecommerce, and URL Name

Hello All,

I need help -

I am trying to learn and find the best way to build a photography business (side gig/hobby).

What suggestions do you have for the following:

Web URL - short and sweet? Use name? Include photo, photography, photog?

Web Host - what do you think is the best deal out there?

Do I use smughug, or continue and try to use my own website/ecommerce?

I currently have https://www.whichbordernext.com as I renewed a year ago on site ground - I should have done 3 years vs 1 year as now I need to renew at regular pricing which is too expensive right now. I can get a new URL and open a new account with discount pricing which is what brings me to post this.

Smugmug seems to expensive right now because I am still trying to learn this and don't have much business except through high school parents at the moment.

Its a lot of work adding a product for each photo I want to sell manually through woocommerce in wordpress (basically 2 photos for every product made - sellable version, and watermarked photo product display). I have used the CSV and uploaded, but you still have to go to each product and make modifications to assure that everything is correct.

Any suggestions or ideas?

thanks,

Mark

whichbordernext's gear list:whichbordernext's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow