M50: Adapter for Mic OUT audio sound?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Casey Cheung Senior Member • Posts: 1,166
M50: Adapter for Mic OUT audio sound?

I know the M50 doesn't have a microphone out port, only a mic in. The reason I want a mic out function is for recording videos and to monitor the audio, plus to confirm if I'm even receiving any audio sound at all.

So I purchased the below splitter adapter from Amazon and inserted this splitter into the 3.5mm mic outlet in the M50 camera. On one end of the splitter, I attached the cord of an external shotgun microphone. On the other end of the splitter, I attached wired headphones and placed into my ears.

Upon doing a test video using the described setup, there was no recording of audio whatsoever, and neither could I hear any sound coming from the headphones to my ears. (Yes, I did have each cord inserted into the proper outlets of the splitter and also tried inserting the other way around with no luck either way).

Is it not possible to have any mic out audio workaround on the M50 camera? Will maybe a different type or brand of Y splitter adapter work?

Here is the splitter below that doesn't work:

FolioGadgets 3.5mm Male to 2 Female Headphone Mic Audio Y Splitter Adapter with Separate Headphone/Microphone Plugs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LRXI668/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow