Prototype of my filter storage caddy

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Martin.au
Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 13,561
Prototype of my filter storage caddy

I have a handful of filters, but hate taking them with me. They're a pain to put on the camera as they usually need two hands to remove them from their case, and if I'm carrying more than one, start to be a pain to store in the camera case.

I like problem solving, so I designed this contraption. This particular version is for 62mm or smaller filters up to 10mm thick, and is designed to be opened one handed. It's a similar diameter to lenses and can be stored in the same spots in a bag. It can be expanded to hold as many filters as you like, by simply adding more centre compartments. The design also makes it easy to remember or check which filters are in which spots.

I plan to make a second, larger version for larger filters. Not sure yet how I'll make the design available. I'm still thinking about that.

Ignore the rough printing. This is still at prototyping stage with whatever random filaments I had lying around.

Closed

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow