Do you see yourself buying another F mount lens/body?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mesija Contributing Member • Posts: 979
Do you see yourself buying another F mount lens/body?

With Nikon latest strategy release, it's unclear to me what will their strategy be regarding lens releases. They have Z mount lens roadmap, and the only thing we know for F mount is the pending release of 120-300 f2.8.

I have f mount holly trinity and 85 1.4.

While I didn't care about current Z mount lenses or mirrorless in general, it's hard to ignore physical advantages Z mount has over it's F mount conterparts.

If they announce 35 f1.2 and 85 f1.2, together with already announced 50 f1.2, they might have a set of primes on Z mount I could never have on F mount.

I'm potential buyer for all of those.

In an ideal world new dslrs would have Z mount so we could pick our poison, but as things stand, and taking into consideration glass is more important than bodies, I don't see myself buying another F mount lens.

It would also mean I'd have to get Z mount body when 50 f1.2 comes out. This leaves the question does buying abother f mount body makes sense, because I can use my F mount lenses on Z mount body, so transition with my legacy lenses would be seamless.

What about you?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow