Perception of photographers ruined by paparazzi, cellphone shooters?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP LoneTree1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,603
Re: Perception of photographers ruined by paparazzi, cellphone shooters?

tbcass wrote:

mamallama wrote:

tbcass wrote:

mamallama wrote:

LoneTree1 wrote:

mamallama wrote:

What about cellphone shooters?

In the same show they were shown as being more interested in shooting selfies at a celebrity memorial than memorializing the celebrity.

What's wrong with that?

Technically nothing but it's an indication of how self centered our society has become. I was brought up differently and taught that it is better to sacrifice yourself for the good of others.

I am not sure that taking pictures of celebrities without being in the picture yourself is some kind of sacrifice and how that is good for others???????

Are you serious that you didn't get my point? I can't believe it. It seems very obvious to me. The obsession with people taking photos of themselves is an indication of how self centered they are. This carries over into everything they do. It's all about me, me, me and not you. When people care that much about themselves they have no room for anybody else unless it benefits themselves in some way. I see that in these forums where people arguing endlessly in an effort to prove their point of view with no attempt to understand another person's point of view.

They didn't attend the memorial to pay tribute, they attended it  to be "seen" as attending it.  Pure self-interest.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow