EM-1 Mk3 Wishlist

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JOrmsby Regular Member • Posts: 311
EM-1 Mk3 Wishlist

I know this has been covered awhile back but since the rumor sites are chatting about another Olympus m43 camera being announced early next year, and the fact that it could realistically be the EM-1 Mk3, here are a few things I really want to see on it, coming from a EM1Mk2 user...

~22mp omni-aspect BSI sensor. For print work I prefer to shoot 3:2 format and am tired of losing the extra ~2mp by cropping down to 3:2.

RAW output for hand-held High Res Shot Mode. What good is all that extra resolution if you lose file flexibility with having to process JPG?

RAW output for HDR and Focus Bracketing. Again, same concept as above. I never shoot JPG and only having that as an option makes these features near worthless to me.

OLED viewfinder. Should have been included on Mk2.

Native Base ISO 100.

5:4 aspect ratio option. For Instagram users, most of whom are shooting in Portrait orientation and this is the max size Instragram allows. I can't believe no manufacturer has caught onto this yet. Should be made available on all cameras via firmware update.

On/Off button around the shutter button. Like Nikon/Sony does. So much easier and quicker to be up and running with just one hand.

$1599. Too much good competition these days. If they try another $2K intro price I'll laugh myself all the way over to Fuji or Sony.

This is all I really want need for my use. I know some may never happen, but I don't think any of these are unreasonable. What are you hoping for?

JOrmsby's gear list:JOrmsby's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon D5500 Olympus E-M1 II Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow