Sony needs at least one really good pancake lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MinAZ
MinAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,126
Re: Sony needs at least one really good pancake lens

effer wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in wanting a very compact lens. With such a nice compact body as A6X00 a good pancake lens could satisfy many photographers looking for pocketable street shooter. There is plenty of love going for Fuji X100 series for example. Sure Sony cannot deliver styling and controls of X100, but size shouldn't be a problem. With current mediocre 16mm (2010 release) and 20mm (2013 release) offerings, unfortunately Sony can't compete in this segment with Fuji or Canon's EF-M 22mm F2. Why can't we get one good, fast and sharp pancake in 20 to 24 mm focal lens, like Canon's 22mm F2? It sure won't take away any business from Sony's FF, but could steer some customers away from competitors.

Agree. A top wish of mine is to have a Sony equivalent of the Canon 40mm pancake. To be sure, that lens is not a true pancake, more of a Junior Cheeseburger, but its still pretty flat compared to most lenses, and very sharp, contrasty, and overall one heck of a lens. Now that I shoot Sony, I would love to have a similar lens on FE mount.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow